I served a man at work the other day. I was suffering from word vomit due to severe tiredness and kept stuffing up what I was trying to say. You know, "Hows it going?" rather than "Was there anything else today?". I told him to not mind me, I was just a loser. But he stopped me and said "No you're not. You are brilliant. Always remember that" This man was a total stranger.
And yet I want to live up to the brilliance he saw in me. I want to stop leaving assignments until the last minute like I did today. I want to be a nicer daughter. I want to be a better girlfriend and call to check in more, because it upsets you when I don't. I want to always remind you how you make me feel, because life is too short to worry what you'll think.
But I don't want to become reliant on you either. Or anyone for that matter. I want to be stronger. Become more confident in myself and my abilities. I want to fight for what I want, and fight to be a better version of myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment